What to Expect at Your Appointment
What to Expect at Your Appointment or, The Eight-Fold Path of the Medical Marijuana Permit-Holder:
1. Check in when you arrive for your appointment. We must copy your state identification card for our file, pull your medical records, and create our THCF medical file.
2. You will fill out an extensive seven-page questionnaire if you are a new patient or a two-page questionnaire if you are a returning patient. Then, write your name, info and current date on top of several forms that are your medical records, and fill in any applicable state forms.
3. We have 20 minutes of video to orient you to your state's medical marijuana law, its program, and the use and cultivation of medical marijuana, including alternatives to smoking, such as vaporization. This video will answer most of your questions and is accompanied with printed support material and notes. Prior permit-holders/returning patients may skip this step.
4. You will then meet with our staff person, who will answer any remaining questions you have about medical marijuana. You pay our clinic's fee here. You also receive information about medical marijuana resources in your community.
5. Next, you see a Nurse Practitioner, or Registered Nurse, who conducts a non-invasive physical exam. No bodily fluids are taken. The nurse documents the results of the exam.
6. You will then meet a Medical Doctor who specializes in cannabis, cannabinoids and their medical efficacy. The doctor must review the physical exam, read your medical records, determine your qualifying condition(s), and write several pages of medical records, then fill in all necessary state forms for your medical marijuana permit.
7. We must make copies of all these forms and medical records for you and for your file at our office.
8. You will receive your originals and copies of your state medical marijuana permit forms and your medical records. We have an informational form we call the "Now What?" form, which explains what you must do when you leave and how to renew your permit next year. There is a brief exit interview and you will be ready to go.
Call our office for further information or to schedule an appointment.